SHARE YOUR STYLE WITH @westelm
New Modern Lighting Trends To Try Now
Modern lighting is one of the quickest ways to rejuvenate your home. Go room by room and see where a new lamp, pendant or chandelier could make a difference or commit to refreshing your entire space with a new lighting story that revolves around a central theme or new finish. With so many new trends emerging, there's modern lighting for every type of taste. Plus, shopping is easy when you know the trends, so take the time to curate lighting that enhances your furnishings, artwork and decor today.
Update Your Rooms Quickly and Easily
Changing the mood in a room can literally be as easy as flipping a switch when you select modern lighting that complements your interior decor.
- Choose a lighting aesthetic that updates your furnishings by contrasting styles. If your furniture is soft and neutral, go for highly linear lamps. To light up strong lines, try the gentle glow of shaded bulbs.
- Take note that designers are doing big new things with chandeliers. The massive, dripping styles are still beautiful, but now you can discover modern lighting takes like floating rings or a swinging bar with a downlight.
- While some lighting requires hard-wiring, most new looks are plug-and-play. Some table lamps even let you plug in your phone or other devices to a USB port. These are great on top of nightstands for overnight charging.
Geometric Profiles for Light Fixtures
To switch up your aesthetic in the most remarkable way possible, look to the sculptural and geometric selections designers are now offering. These pieces are creative, avant-garde and versatile enough to go with any type of furniture.
- Floor lamps with powerful, deconstructed stem silhouettes are arresting in their beauty with pedestal bases and classic geometric shades.
- Flush-mount lighting is witnessing a serious comeback with the advent of semi-flush styles that lend dimension and a curated flair from the ceiling without overtaking the room.
- Sconces can now be as streamlined as a single bar of illumination. Mount them vertically or horizontally depending on the amount of wall space you have.
Adjustable Lighting Styles
The major news in lighting right now is adjustability. Shop unique pieces that feature lots of arms you can arrange in different proportions to create a novel look on a regular basis. Switch up the arms every week or so to keep things interesting and give the bulbs a refresh seasonally or more frequently.
Inspired by (and named after) the shape of mushroom tops, this chandelier mixes finishes with art deco-inspired flare. The flattened shape and milky coloring of its three glass shades emit a soft, calming glow. 31.3"diam. x 22.8"–58.9"h. Steel body in Dark Bronze and Antique Brass finishes. Three glass shades in ...
Inspired by (and named after) the shape of mushroom tops, this flushmount adds art deco-inspired flair to rooms. The flattened shape and milky coloring of its five glass shades emit a soft, calming glow in any space. 23.6"diam. x 7.8"h. Steel body in an Antique Brass finish. Five glass shades ...
Tiers of shimmering natural capiz shells—often referred to as "glass oysters" because of their fragile, translucent appearance—are hand cut and hand strung by talented Filipino artisans to create this piece, which casts a beautifully luminous glow over a dining table. 30.5"w x 14.75"d x 22.1-58.1"h. Polished Nickel metal frame; natural ...
Doubling as sculptural art, the versatile Light Rods Semi-Flushmount's adjustable arms can be repositioned to create your ideal form. It's outfitted with integrated LED technology that will keep on glowing—no need to replace the bulbs. KEY DETAILS 38"diam. x 20-63"h. Acrylic shade in Milk. Steel + aluminum canopy and accents. ...